Neck Pain Relief in South Orange
Neck pain is among the top reasons that patients get in touch with our team at South Orange Chiropractor. However, people frequently aren't aware that there are many different causes of neck pain. Take a look at some of the most common forms of pain that we identify at our South Orange clinic:
- Poor posture - Hunching your back as you walk, falling asleep in uncomfortable positions and having a poor sitting position can all cause considerable neck pain.
- Neck stress - If you are overusing the muscles in your neck or over-stretching, you might experience pain in the tendon of a neck muscle.
- Pinched nerve - If you are experiencing a sharp pain in your neck, you might have a pinched nerve. This means that your nerve is not functioning properly which can cause discomfort and pain.
- A slipped disc - A slipped disc is a bulge in the disc that occurs between your vertebrae segments and can cause significant pressure to your spinal canal. This generally causes back pain but it can also sometimes cause neck pain as well.
- Whiplash - You might have heard about whiplash injuries during car accidents -- this is a very unpleasant injury that is usually caused by damage to the tissues in the neck.
Neck Pain Therapy -- When Should You Seek The Help of a Professional?
If you've had uncomfortable neck pain for a while, you might be thinking about paying a visit to your local chiropractor. However, when is the right time to go? Take a look at some of the best indicators that you should be seen by a professional:
- You are experiencing difficulty in performing normal daily activities
- You are unable to fully straighten your neck or your physical appearance has changed because of your pain
- Your pain has been going on for some time
- You are experiencing unusual symptoms or swelling around the neck
- You have a fever or are experiencing unusual warmth around your neck area
Quick and Effective Neck Pain Relief in the South Orange Area
If you are looking for a holistic approach to your pain, a chiropractor will be able to provide you with the treatment that you need. At South Orange, we focus on your entire body, as well as your overall lifestyle, diet and exercise regimen to acquire a complete picture of the cause of your neck problems. This will allow us to determine the best possible way to treat your problem in the long-term.
At South Orange, we are fully qualified to address any potential problems that you might experience in your joints, nerves or muscles. If you are interested in finding out more about our chiropractic techniques or you simply have a question about how we can help you with your particular problem, feel free to get in touch with one of our professionals. Whether you have chronic neck/back pain or you are simply experience numbness or tingling in your arms, we have a solution for you. For a free consultation about how we can restore alignment or relieve swelling, pain or stiffness, contact us today at 973-761-0022!